An itinerary to explore the hidden gems of Tuscany by the travel expert Patricia Kozmann
We all know it. Tuscany is famous all over the world as one of the most beautiful regions in Italy and not only. Might be because of its sweet coloured hills, or its delicious culinaty traditions, or because of the warmth of its inhabitants, or yet the beauty and taste of its vineyards, like the ones productng Chianti Classico: there’s tons of reasons why this area attracts every year millions of tourists from literally everywhere in the world. Needless to say, if you love good wine and especially Italian wine and traditions, that’s a place you need to visit and least once in your life.
Enchanted by the beauty and culinary richness of Tuscany, the travel expert Patricia Kozman decided to create an itinerary which takes participants to explore unused roads, different flavors, the history and culture of this land, going beyond the most common touristic routes.
If you’re intested in seeing the particular itinerary she offers, just click on “Show the details” just below the brief description of the days below:
The first day will take you to discover the lands of Chianti Classico, you’ll visit the vineyards and taste amazing wines. Passing by a 1870 abbey, you’ll then enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch, followed by a trip to Montalcino, with other beautiful wineries (and also olive oil producers) along the way. You’ll also have the chance to visit a real medieval Castle, surrounded by pictoresque vineyards.
Show the details
- In the morning – Departure from Hotel direction Chianti Classic, north of Tuscany
- Guided visit (with a small group) and tasting at one of the most important wineries in Chianti Classic area. The winery belongs to a traditional Tuscany family that produces wine since 1385 and currently worldwide known. The new wine cellar was completed in 2012 and has been awarded many architectural prizes in Europe since its inauguration. It is really an impressive architectural complex not to be missed in the heart of the Chianti Classic wine production area.
- Lunchtime – Close to the winery at about 10 minutes drive in a small town with an 1870 Abbey you can have lunch enjoying the beautiful view of the hills with vineyards, the Abbey in a countryside atmosphere. The proposed restaurant has a typical Tuscan gastronomy with great wine list.
- After lunch – Taking a side road towards Montalcino through the fantastic “Gallo Nero” road where it is possible to stop by smaller wineries, olive oil producers as well as a traditional Tuscan Ceramic artisanal store driving through the small towns of Greve in Chianti, Radda in Chianti and Castellina in Chianti. On a final step, a stop at an amazing medieval Castle surrounded by vineyards; the family is also a wine producer.
The second day will focus on the delicious culinary traditions of Tuscany. You’ll start with a cooking class in Montalcino countryside, inside a real Italian kitchen. After lunch, the day continues with a visit and tasting session at a special family owned boutique winery (tasting wines like Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino). You’ll then have the chance to admire the sunset enjoying a typical Italian aperitivo at “castle-hotel” located on top of a hill with a fantastic view on the Tuscan countryside.
Show the details
- In the morning – Cooking class with Raffaela at Montalcino countryside. The Italian kitchen is a meeting place and the true heart of the family, where traditions are passed on and laughter is shared. Raffaela’s kitchen adventures are Tuscan at heart. The private cooking class is held in her home kitchen in the beautiful countryside. You will prepare an appetizer and one main dish together, recipes that you can apply at home as well. The class takes approximately 2 hours and it is followed by lunch.
- After lunch – Still enjoying the fabulous Val D’Orcia countryside you will visit a small family owned boutique winery (private visit and tasting). The family has moved from New York to this area in 1990 where they completely restructured their home and discovered a 2,000 year Roman vineyard in the property. Since then they recovered and planted new vineyards and with the help of their neighbors world renowned wine makers Angelo Gaja and Gianfranco Soldera, they started producing wines. You will enjoy a tasting of their Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino wines of great refinement and unforgettable flavors.
- Late afternoon and dinner – Visit to a fantastic Abbey constructed around XI and XII order by Carlo Magno. For the sunset a happy hour in a “castle”hotel located on top of a hill and with fantastic view to the countryside and Tuscan hills.
Wanna know a bit more on the interesting story of Patricia Kozmann?
After living in various countries, this “Paulista” born (from São Paulo, Brazil) with a Carioca heart (from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) professed her love for Italy, moving there to dedicate herself to exploring the details of the most beautiful regions, with her camera, an innovative instinct and a unique outlook.
A Communications and Marketing specialist and a certificated WSET Wine & Spirit Education Level 2 Award, fluent in English, German, Italian and Spanish, she deepened her knowledge of food and wine while working as a correspondent for a wine importers and was able to experience interaction with the land and local people in a special and intense way.
The pleasure of discovering, understanding, creating and sharing, the passion for finding beautiful places and their traditions, unused roads, different flavors, histories and cultures became a profession for her.
Patricia Kozmann, Travel Expert creates exclusive itineraries replete with charm for every traveler or small group, in accordance with each case’s interests and needs. Luxury food and wine and cultural tours, focused on the regions of Piedmont, Veneto and Tuscany, offer unique and unforgettable experiences, all of them special, all of them unique. She matches you with the right people, creating a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
If you’d like to receive more info, like prices and dates available for this tour, please fill in the quick form below: